Monday, December 22, 2008

Went back to DHS this morning to practise for the concerto. It felt strange walking into a classroom for sectionals after not doing so for two years. And walking past the 4C classroom brought back memories of the havoc days, haha. I kinda felt like an alien watching sectionals, after all I hardly know the Sec 3s and I don't think I've seen the Sec 2s before. But Weicheng, Suyun, Rachel and Jeenise came in soon after and I nearly jumped for joy when I saw them. I haven't seen them in ages and I miss them loads!


The practice was not bad. It's gonna be really cool, the solo in front will be played by 10 people, each of us playing a line. We'll of course have to ensure that there'll be no trace of any transition between a player and the next such that the entire part sounds like it's played by one person. With each of us having our own unique tone and every possibility of our intonation going off, it's gonna be a huge challenge. But, we can do it! :)


Went to watch the Senior High's orchestral practice after that. They were practising their SYF pieces. I've learnt to appreciate the set piece for our year after hearing next year's set piece. Lol! It's great to be able to experience a DHSCO practice after so long. Although I wasn't playing, the feeling of sitting with my juniors once again and soaking in the MUSIC was just wonderful.


Thank God.

No comments: