Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Philippines E-Camp Part 7 - One Last Time, SMCI Night (Davao, 13/08)

It was the second last day of the campaign and there wasn't much preaching to be done. We hit two schools, and the rest of the day was spent in bookstores, and rehearsing for our skit in the evening. The first class I took, there was this student who asked, "Since Jesus has died for all our sins, does that mean after I accept Jesus, I can continue to sin all I want?" I was momentarily dumbfounded. But thank God for all the analogies used by different people during Street E, I recalled one of them and used it to explain to the student the best I could. Thank God for His guidance! Not only that, it spoke to me personally as well.

I remember James sharing once, that when we share the Gospel, we remind ourselves over and over again about God's grace to us and we're more humbled, more appreciative. It seemed to hold especially true during the preaching in my last class. I was doing the Cross trick. When the water cleared from its dark state, the students were struck. When I added more iodine in and the water remained clear, I was struck. I'd done the trick a couple of times already, but it was that one time that a wave seemed to gush over me and I was so overwhelmed, so moved. It was such a reminder - once a child of God, always a child of God. We can be so distant, we can grieve Him so much, we can turn away from Him, but in His eyes, we're still that clean, perfect child of His, because He has already forgiven us. As the song goes, I am amazed to know, that a God so great could love me so. What unthinkable grace and inexplicable love indeed. Thank God for speaking to me, even through my sharing.

My last Gospel class of the campaign

And then it was the SMCI Night! The Singapore team put up a skit for all the students. Thank God how everything worked out! And thank God for the narration. Somehow, the lights weren't turned on so I wasn't able to look at the script, so I had to memorise it on the spot without looking at it. That was a miracle in itself, so thank God, really. And I wish that Charmaine'd taken a video of the skit instead of my narration, the skit's so much funnier. Hee. Well, thank God for His grace...

The Philippine eagle!!!

I was already starting to feel sad that night, I knew it was the last time I was gonna see some of them. People like Ate Ethel, Ate Kakai, Earll, Dylan... And of course, that was already our last night at Davao. If there was one thing I regretted, it'd be not taking my own pictures.

Ate Ekit did this! How sweet!

Dylan and Ate Ethel! :D

Before we left for the pension house, Ate Abigael came up to me and said, "Ruth, forgive your dad, okay?" The words still ring constantly in my mind. It has to be done. How can I go about so readily and share the Word yet forget about the ones dearest to me? Keep praying, as what people have been telling me during the trip each time I share about my family. Thank God for people like Beverly, Charmaine, Ate Abigael for their encouragement and just reminding me to pray.

And since it was the last night... Party time! With uh, chips and Monopoly Deal. (No durian, thank goodness, phew!) Hahahaha!

No comments: