Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Philippines E-Camp Part 3 - Chillax Day, Durian Night (Davao, 09/08)

We were supposed to start preaching on Monday. For the new Singapore team, that is. But after taking a short afternoon to prepare for sharing the Gospel, news came that the schedule for the whole day had been cancelled. I was a little disappointed, cos part of me couldn't wait to start preaching! Not that I was prepared, but I was excited. Well, as Pastor Mike always says. Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape. It was a reminder that we should honour the Lord by taking a day off and not be too occupied with working. And thank God that we do not live by schedules. They change all the time. Thank God for flexibility!

It was a nice afternoon spent at a mall. I was a little sad that everyone else was busy purchasing loads of books (they're really cheap over there) while I had no money to get any (I ran out of money by the third day, believe me). But at the end, it was the fellowship that mattered! Ate Abi, Ate Ishie and Kuya Alfred came with us, so it was a great afternoon spent with them. Just sharing insights on books and sermons... It was really nice. Love my Filipino brothers and sisters! :)

Then came the horror of durian night. For me at least, I was one of the very few who wasn't too excited about the thought of durians. Especially after all the threats of having durian smeared over my face and stuffed into my nose, all I wanted to do was to hide somewhere when the durians were served. Lol! But with Kuya Alfred and some of the others egging me on to have some, I just had to be a sport. And yes, I ate durian! They call it the historic moment. *Cameras out* hahaha.

Jill and I were so proud of ourselves that night. And there's Kuya Alfred looking extremely triumphant.

Whoever took this shot, it looks kinda hilarious.

Ate Abi and Ate Din, eager to celebrate my "Durian Moment"

Davao's durians aren't as bad as Singapore's I guess, at the very least they don't smell like exhaust fumes. I'm no durian-lover still, but... Those at Davao aren't that bad I'd say. And of course, it was all in the name of fun. I had a great night! :) :)

Okay it seems like I'm going on and on about random stuff on the trip. Cos the main course never comes at the start! Hohoho. Check back for more!

No comments: