Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm back from the GLCC Uth Consecration Camp. Yeah, I'm supposed to be back only on thursday, but life is always amazing and full of surprises. Amusing or shocking it may sound, I've got chicken pox. It's so unbelievable. I've been having an on-and-off fever since saturday night and a few spots appeared on my hands and neck yesterday morning, but Kong said they'd go away. It wasn't until I was bathing that I realised my whole body had the spots, and Siqian and Amelia said that it's most likely chicken pox, that I began to have the slightest suspicion. Prior to that it totally did not occur to me that it could be chicken pox. Yeah, I haven't got it before, but it's just so... Incredulous. Kong kinda confirmed it was chicken pox after that.


Ian came to tell me that I had to go home, and at that instant I could feel my heart sink all the way down. Yes, of course I wasn't staying there to spread it to all the innocent victims. Throughout the whole of last night I was really down, questioning why, why, why did this have to happen during my first ever church camp. I cried for a rather long time, couldn't accept the fact that this had to happen. The decision to go for the Uth camp was tough in the first place, with it clashing with the KPC camp. When I made up my mind, I did not regret it and though I went into the camp feeling a little apprehensive, a large part of me was really eager to find out what God has in store for me and the answer to where I truly belong. So I was truly disappointed that such a major disruption had to occur. But yeah, as Chia Wen said, the camp isn't everything, God has a purpose for everything. I have to trust Him.


Wanna thank Siqian and Catherine for calling and msging me last night. I was really touched, especially since I was feeling so miserable. Wanna thank everyone who has shown me concern during the camp over my fever too, Jean, and everyone else. All I pray for now is that I did not spread it to anyone, Jean especially, who had quite alot of contact with me. Lord, please watch over her and those who haven't got it before.


Shall talk about my first (half) of a church camp. My group's called JOY hahaha. Our cheers are really cute, and the people are just awesome. Nice and friendly and entertaining. Just look at the youthful energy the three 12-year-olds in my small group have. They remind me of the EZCO kids, but slightly more mature lol. The games were fun, with mud (eww), flour, running everywhere, bananas, soaked toilet paper, R&R with Siqian, taking photographs while everyone was frantically trying to whack some balloons, and much more! Hahaha. Yeah, I really enjoyed myself. But what I looked forward to the most were the messages. I think Pastor Chee Keen's a great pastor, he's really passionate. What hit me the most was his message on the first night, the paralysis of unbelief. I remember asking my mum quite recently, why is it that there are people who faithfully go to church every sunday, never fail to pray and read the Bible daily, yet do not behave like a christian at all? Guess it's about the heart, not about the mind. Not how much one knows that dictates how much one believes, but how much one believes that dictates how much one knows. It's not about hearing God's word, but experiencing it.


Argh, I'm itching all over, and I've got tons of medicine to take. Never before have I seen such a huge collection of tablets! I'm so tired of swallowing the big fat pills sigh. And goodness, I look horrible with all the spots on my cute face! I feel like smashing all the mirrors in my house but I can't resist making frequent trips to look at my disfigured face. Gross. Must NEVER NEVER scratch my face or I'll be disfigured for life! Ah I wanna mummify myself!!! Ha but thank God it's chicken pox, not some terminal skin illness.


I was looking at the camp booklet just now, and suddenly felt really sad again. All the blank pages, unfilled reflections, no chance to sing Make Me Like You, Lord, no proper conclusion... The camp song Believe keeps playing in my head now, makes me miss the camp even more! But yeah, I shall be with everyone mentally haha. Thank God for the good weather today, cos they were out tracting at East Coast Park. :)


Believe


Oh God You're amazing
You see right through out hearts
Jesus, You're so loving
You came to die for us
How could it be
How could You die for me yeah? So...


My mind, my body, my soul
Will gladly bow to You
The Word, the one living Word
I base my life upon
One life I surrender
I live my life for You
I believe you, my only God


Your Word everlasting
Will never pass away
Its light in the darkness
Will light my path always
Help me oh Lord
Help me to live for You now. So...


My mind, my body, my soul
Will gladly bow to You
The Word, the one living Word
I base my life upon
One life I surrender
I live my life for You
I believe you, my only God


Alright, I'm feeling much better now. (It's been 6 hours since I started blogging lol). It's my regret not being able to finish the camp, but it's not up to me to decide. Just wanna thank God for letting me experience half the camp, with wonderful people, messages, games, and food (though I wasted alot, alot of food). It's definitely been a refreshing experience for me, wanna thank every single person in the camp for that. I gotta look beyond the camp, the missed messages, the unfinished camp booklet, at the greater message, God's grander plan for me. I do not know what it is now, but I will in the future.


I apologise to everyone I ignored online last night, wasn't in any mood to talk hee...


One person I'd really like to thank. Yeah, thank you Chia Wen, for inviting me to the camp, for bringing a sleeping bag for me which took up half of your bag space and I only used it for one night (remember to disinfect it hehe), for helping me so much when I was not feeling well, for being such a fantastic group leader! Everytime I see you putting in your heart, soul and every ounce of energy into every game without a single word of complaint about any pain or injury, yeah, it impresses me greatly. Cos I'll never have that kind of perseverance. But please take care of your knee! Haha. Your unwavering desire to serve God, to commit all to Him, to bring more people to accept Christ, it's truly inspiring. Thank you so much for everything, and thank God for you! (:


Thank God for my first half a church camp, thank God for my parents, thank God for everyone's concern, thank God that my appetite has returned, thank God for my two days of Joy! God is good, all the time. :)


And finally, after 8 hours, I'm done.

No comments: