Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Philippines E-Camp Part 6 - Work and Play (Tagum City, 12/08)

It was supposed to be a very busy day for us, but turned out that we had plenty of rest time. Well there was this class of High School Year 1s in the morning. Prior to that, I thought that I'd avoid the Year 1 and 2 classes as I'd heard that they wouldn't really understand our English. But on that day, when they called for a volunteer to take the class, I decided to give it a shot. My, were they a bunch of well-behaved students! They were so quiet and attentive, I was really amazed and thankful. And they did understand me (at least I went as slowly as possible and asked many questions to ensure their understanding in which they responded so I assume they did). It's not about me anyway, but what the Holy Spirit does. Oh, and I had the longest autograph session all week in that class. I felt like a celebrity! LOL. But they're sooooooooo adorable! Geez. There was also a group of girls who asked for my favourite colour. After I left the class, they followed me and gave me an orange necklace. I was really touched. After all, they aren't exactly well-to-do yet they were so willing to just give something to a foreigner whom they've only met once. Aww... Totally sweet!

It was a long rest from lunchtime on. We hung around Firenzo Cafe (Pastor Mike's favourite place) just chilling. After which was a short time of sightseeing!

What better way to commemorate the green day than a shot with my favourite fruit!

Say cheese!

Ate Yen! We were asked to take this picture cos we look like those plants behind us - long and thin. So it's like a... Family photo.

Kuya Oliver was about to try something

Now we were gonna try something but as can be seen, it was a failed shot lol.

We did another one or two classes each in the early evening, and it was time for dessert at Chow King!

Waiting for our Halo Halo!

Then began the long, long ride back to Davao. It was nice, being able to talk to Charmaine and knowing more about each other's lives. Whoa, she's like super smart! Man. And I'd lose to her in every game except Tap Tap. Hmph.

And it was a great night in Jill's room, chatting, Monopoly Deal, SUPPER! :D :D

No comments: