Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Philippines Evangelistic Campaign 2010

2119 preaching opportunities
109504 people heard the Gospel
71844 people made decisions for Christ

How great is our God!

It's high time I begin penning down my thoughts on this amazing experience. Honestly, words aren't enough to describe the whole process. I've seen and learnt so much, I'm just overwhelmed. God is just SO good. Bear with me, here goes.

Philippines E-Camp Part 1 - Welcome to Davao! (Davao, 07/08)

We're good to go!

The day finally arrived for us to depart for the Philippines. I was so excited! And it was my first time travelling with such a small group of people, so it was really nice, just to be able to get to know them better. Pearlyn is one interesting lady, I'm telling you. How will we ever forget that four of our check-in bags added up to 26kg, while hers alone was 13kg! Apparently, she brought a pot, flask, pillows, bedsheets, limes... You name it, she brought it. But hey I'm not complaining, they came in handy for us. Pearlyn's Pantry! Lol. That aside, it was a nice, turbulent flight to Manila, and then to Davao. Yeah, they had a good laugh seeing me so scared. But well, it was still fun. We landed safely in Davao and received a warm welcome from Pastor Renz, Ate Melai and Jenray. Thank God for their hospitality! It was a nice time of fellowship over dinner. Yummy chicken and fish!

There wasn't much to do, so it was a relaxing first night there. The pension house was great! Considering that it's a mission trip we went for, I must say that we were treated quite well. It was no posh hotel, but it was so good. Although I nearly died in the cold water, it was just for a night. Lol. Three cheers for the BS Inn! :)

Check back for more updates!

No comments: