Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Philippines E-Camp Part 8 - Tearful Goodbyes (Davao, 14/08)

The week there passed so quickly, it wasn't long before we had to say our goodbyes. I wouldn't have expected myself to cry, but amidst our final hugs and goodbyes, Ate Abigael came up to talk to me with teary eyes and that set it all off. No one saw, thankfully, since they'd already walked off to board the van. Well other than Charmaine, who decided to walk off without me when I seemed so reluctant to leave. Lol. You know, we had all bonded and gelled so well together, it was just so difficult to say goodbye.

It was an amazing week there. Unlike most of my overseas trips where I'd be miserable and missing home the first few days, I enjoyed every single moment of the Philippines trip. Perhaps it was the short time I was there that I made sure I embraced every moment, perhaps it was the warmth of the locals that enabled us to settle in so well... Whatever it is, I'm really thankful to be able to go on the campaign.

So, I was really sad when we were on the plane to Manila. I couldn't believe we were really leaving. Yeah, Alina had to remind me when we were taking off, "it's official". Awwwww man. Each time I thought of the wonderful people back in Davao, I'd feel like crying. Hee. But well, if it's in God's plan, we'll meet again...

No comments: