Monday, December 22, 2008

I just attempted to entertain myself by playing Shout to the Lord on the Xiao and I succeeded. It sounded so awful it's amusing LOL! Alright, I'm not that good at the xiao. It sounds nice on the dizi! :) And I've probably woken the entire Lorong H up, blasting Mu Min Xin Ge at 1 am. But I don't have a choice, there's practice tomorrow, I haven't touched that song in 2 years, and after months of not playing serious songs my tounging's all over the place. Yep, I'll be joining the Dizi concerto for DHSCO's annual concert next year! If I don't pull out halfway, that is lol. And I heard that we'll have the entire 110-strong orchestra as accompaniment. Wow!


Got to see the new DHS today! The new-old DHS haha. Well, what was there's still there and what wasn't, kinda appeared out of nowhere and my first impression was that, wow, it's HUGE. The roundabout area's really beautiful. But whoever designed everything, has no colour sense. There's this extremely weird maroon block, which apparently is the general office. When my mum drove in she was like, "Your school's so funny, it turned brown!" >.< And the blue and white don't go together at all, especially that wall outside the auditorium with a mixture of blue, darker blue and white, looks like someone just played tetris there. It's like a blend of new paint and old paint, looks rather funny. But well, other than the colour, it's cool cos it's big! Hahaha.


The practice today was, of course, boring. The singers came and they were taking so many pictures, I'm sure at least ten of them will show me sleeping. Or trying to. Oh, the practice was at the auditorium which hasn't changed one bit, and brought back a lot of memories. All our monday assemblies where 4C would make a mad dash in every week (a few of us rather), collecting exam scripts and most importantly, our graduation ceremony! And then it's fast forward to two years later. Ha. I never realised the stage was so small, then half of Xianyue and the entire Cello/Bass section were below the stage lol!


Ding Laoshi totally amused me today. He was explaining Kelvin's absence, "He can't book out of camp today. Cos he has to catch Osama!" My goodness lol. And he's always walking around during practices with his suona, I don't understand why he's so busy but yes, he is. Lol! Not to mention that he's always protesting under his breath about funny decisions (they made amendments to the scores again), but loud enough for our whole section to hear and laugh HAHA.


Ticket sales for the CCO concert are bad. We've been asked to advertise intensively, be it through Facebook or whatever. But I'm pretty sure it'll be a full-house eventually. I mean, it's always like that. Anyway, I didn't break my promise, I'm intending for this to be my last CCO concert, not my last concert! Hahahaha.


My dad doesn't allow me to dye my hair! :(


I like the diving game on MSN.

No comments: