Monday, December 31, 2007

I'm here! This entry will be an honest reflection on my whole year, it's gonna be long, so here's a prior warning. If words work better than sleeping pills for you, you can stop here! =P Hahaha.


Well, it's been helluva year, a really bitter sweet, fast-paced one year. The past 364 plus days or so haven't been fantastic, but neither were they torturous. There were definitely the depressing, pressuring moments but of course, the wonderful times aren't to be forgotten. I guess that's why this year has been a memorable one!


07S34
To be really honest, I didn't feel too close with the class at the start of this year. For some reason, I felt that I didn't bond with anyone at all haha. Perhaps I was too preoccupied with CO (CO was really my life during that time), or perhaps I simply didn't put in any effort to get to know everyone better. Especially during the SYF and post-SYF periods, I felt that there was some invisible wall between the class and myself. All I cared for was CO, I would countdown to dismissal every Wednesday so that I could dash off for CO, I would spend such long periods in the CO room instead of having meals with the class. To put it simply, there was just this distance between my classmates and me. Haha things only got better around July or so, but I've no idea why too. I guess I finally decided to get out of my self-dug hole and start talking to people lol! By the time promos came, S34 kind of became my life! Hahaha yeah, the class was really my motivation to study for the promos. 'Cos I really didn't want to be retained and say goodbye to such a wonderful class. Promos was a really tough moment for me, struggling to get promoted with the high probability of being retained staring at me right in the face. But if it weren't for these moments, I wouldn't have felt the genuine care and concern from my classmates, and I probably might not have appreciated them as much as I do now. Yep, I'm really thankful to have met the few of you! Thank you... Audrey Han, who frequently reminded me to study and do my work, not forgetting praying for me everyday! You're one of the nicest classmates I've ever, ever had too! :) Sharon, who constantly encouraged and consoled me, and checking on my revision presently for my R papers lol. Huijin, who tries to teach me Chemistry (but as she said, more like FORCING me to do Chemistry lol). Chia Wen, for her constant encouragement! And of course, all my other beloved classmates who have shown much concern for me. Hahaha. S34, I love you! Lol. :D


VJCO
As I mentioned earlier, VJCO was really my life at the beginning of the year lol. The one and only reason I ever looked forward to going to school was 'cos there was CO on that day. Also, being the SYF year, everything's just more memorable. Haha the SYF period was one of pressure, sweat, tears and growth for me. I guess it was the period that I broke down the most too lol. Thank you so much Mr Tay, for always believing in me. Even when I was still screwing up my little solo just a few days before SYF, you still had faith in me. I was really touched then. Each time you told me that I'd improved, it really made my day. And in the end, I did it! Haha. Of course, thank you to all the seniors who kept encouraging me, and to everyone else for all your help. The big day was a disappointing one 'cos we didn't bring back the Honours, but we did our best! We have loads to be proud of. :) I admit, my attitude hasn't been all too wonderful after the seniors left. Every time I stepped into the CO room, I'd feel really disappointed with the attendace. But I believe hope has come in the form of our juniors, so I'm looking forward to practices again! Haha.
EXCO
There's really nothing much to mention, 'cos I don't feel like I've actually contributed at all. I still recall our sharing session a few weeks ago, where I admitted that I suck as an SL (and I still think so). And speaking of that, I think I never said it but I'll say it now. JOLIE! You were an awesome SL! And that's from the bottom of my heart. Haha. If you think you're an imbecile, I'm worse, really. BUT I promise to step up and DO MY JOB PROPERLY. I've already prepared many practice pieces for sectionals, so no one will be slacking again! Lol.


DHSCO
I miss DHSCO loads!!!! It's such a joy going back for alumni practices to prepare for the annual concert. I just love the feeling of performing on stage at Victoria Concert Hall with DHSCO. I felt really great performing during this year's concert, and I'm looking forward to next year's! Guess it'll be my last performance with DHSCO, so I'll cherish it. Even though the songs kinda suck (I'm talking about Xi Bei Wu Qu or whatever it's called)... Hahaha. Oh, and the EZCO camp was a terrific experience too. Love the kids! :D


VJC is a great school, with great people, great friends. But being in VJC has made me miss the teachers in DHS TREMENDOUSLY. And of course, I miss Mr Sng soooooooooo much! He's such a nice principal, who genuinely cares for the students, unlike some elitist........................ Yup. And the teachers, who were also genuinely concerned for me, and not for the reputation of the school. They really wanted me to just give my best. This is so unlike some teacher(s) I know, who are totally blind to any improvements I've made, and only want to see the results. Any idea how hurt I am when someone repeatedly says my results are LAN (lousy)? Well they are, actually, seeing that I got a U for Chemistry, but can't you give me like 1% credit for the improvements I made for the other subjects? I guess not, 'cos after all, I entered through DSA and not with my results. On top of that, you're just an unreasonable b**** and that's understandable. Speaking of teachers though, there's one teacher who has been helping me so much all this while, and I really wanna thank her for all that. Mdm Wee... Thank you for being so patient with me, giving me so much encouragement. I'm deeply sorry for the trouble I've given you. You're an awesome teacher, and I really do not want to disappoint you, but.... Argh, God bless my R papers.


School stuff aside, I'm loving my family so much more each day. Hahaha. Which explains the fact that I actually stayed at my grandfather's house to play with my cousins, something I've not done since Sec 1.


On the whole, it's been an eventful year with its fair share of ups and downs, and I'm really thankful for all the people around me. Thank God for everything and everyone. I love all you people! Here's to a great 2008! :D


It's 5.12am now, I took forever typing this post. Lol.

No comments: