Sunday, December 02, 2007

Ah! While I'm still in the after-concert mood, here's everything on the super concert today!


Got up a little earlier this morning to file my scores. I was so pleased that the complete set was under my possession lol. 'Cos since practices started a few weeks ago, my scores were either totally lost or partially missing. Hoho. So fortunately, everything's right where it's supposed to be when it's supposed to be.


My mum fetched me to VCH, and there were so many annoying roadblocks all over the place. There was some cross country or whatever running thing going on, and many roads were blocked. So it took a long time before my mum managed to drop me off at the carpark of VCH. Haha there was this facilitator on the road, and he asked my mum where was she driving to, to which she replied, "my daughter has a performance at VCH." He directed her to the road leading to VCH, and my mum told me, "wow, you're like a VIP!" .......... LOL. I'm always a VIP what! HAHAHA =P


I thought I was really late, which I was, actually. Reached there at 12.45 when we were supposed to be there at 12.30 haha. But a number of people hadn't reached yet, so I was still quite punctual. The big, big seniors were so funny! We were backstage in the dizi room and they were complaining, "wah, why aren't there any chairs for us to sit?" LOL!!!! I guess us "kids" are more used to sprawling on the floor already. I mean, that's what we have been doing for the past DHSCO, CCO and EZCO concerts. HAHAHA.


The rehearsal wasn't too good (but since when were rehearsals meant to be good, anyway?) I stick to my policy that rehearsals are for screwing up. At least, that applies to me all the time LOL. Yeah, as if driven by this mindset of mine, I just have to screw up SOMETHING during the rehearsal HAHA. Yup, so I screwed up the super fast tounging part of Qin Bing Ma Yong just now. Heh but apparently, I wasn't the only one! In fact, I wonder how many in the entire line of dizis actually played it lol! Oops.


The rehearsal ended at 3 and the concert only started at 5, so for the rest of the time, Suyun, Prida, Serene and I played cards. Snap, bridge, dai dee, bluff, anything to kill time. Haha. As usual, I bluffed my way through bluff. Hoho!


The concert was not bad. Liang Shan Sui Xiang wasn't fantastic though. Qingen flipped the score to 2 pages ahead, and I didn't realise it initially. So when the dizi people started playing, I was like, "Huh? What are they playing? This isn't our part!" Plus the fact that someone came in like 2 bars earlier, so basically, I was a very confused person then. But I soon realised that we were on the wrong page, so I quickly flipped back lol. Wasted, I wanted to show off the super fast tounging part which I spent some time practising before the concert LOL. But there was another identical part behind, so I got my chance to "show off" HAHAHA. I was actually quite proud of myself that I managed to do it lol! The rest of the songs were good haha.


I really like Yu Hou Ting Yuan! It's a liuqin concerto, and I think it's a really touching piece. Plus the fact that the soloist, some tan bo yue/guzheng examiner from China, was really immersed in the music. Haha, talk about the epitome of emotions. Ahh I love that song!!!


Oh yes, when I was on stage, I thought I saw some waving. Turned out that Jeenise and Jeng Suan were waving at me LOL. Jeng Suan, the Poi Ching dizi girl who came for the EZCO primary school camp. They came to look for me backstage after the concert, together with Shermaine, another Poi Ching girl who plays the suona. Chatted with them for a little while, and they were amused by the bow tie I was wearing (it is rather amusing, come to think of it lol). Yeah I commented that our concert attire, black pants, white long-sleeved shirt, black blazer, made us look like penguins. And they said that I look like a penguin 'cos I'm so skinny. Hmm not much link but well... alright. Hahaha. Ohh Shermaine invited me to her birthday party! It's on the 30th December, but I'm not sure if I'll be going. Yup I had to leave a short while after that, 'cos my parents would be there soon. But not after they shouted "BYE PENGUIN!" Really! Ah but I'm missing the kids again LOL.


Anyway, the concert really inspired me haha. Yeah, it's just an ordinary CCO concert, just one of the few I've performed in before. But I guess it's the long absence from all that DHSCO hype and feeling and all that, such that when I'm once again under the baton of the great Mr Tay, it just feels very different. When I was on stage just now, I really enjoyed myself. It's the emotions behind the music, that feeling of liberation which I've never experienced before and will never experience in VJCO, or any other CO. Yeah, that's the magic of DHSCO! And CCO, which consists of DHSCO alumni haha.


Oh, and I really regret not taking kaoji this year. While I do not have the woes of A levels, I should have taken this chance to take it! Argh! Haha. Ding Laoshi was saying that I can take Grade 10 next year. But I reminded him that I haven't taken Grade 9. And Tian Laoshi said, "It's okay, take both grades next year. You can do it!" *faints* Grade 9 AND 10 on top of the theory exams PLUS A levels... I'll just die! By the time A levels end, there'll be like a mere 1 week before the practical examinations start. And well-known for being a last minute person, 1 week is definitely not enough to chiong 6 songs of supreme standards HAHA. It was achievable last year, cos there were still 2 weeks after O levels to rush my grade 8 pieces. It's gonna take a lot of discipline. Ah but who knows, I may end up with a surprising distinction like my grade 8! Right, I shall go dream about it. Wahahax. Sadly, I'll bet that this fervour for taking exams will soon be gone. Lol.


I'm so sorry for boring you with my detailed entry on the concert, but I just HAD to comment how inspired I am. HAHA. And to conclude, THANK YOU XIANGHONG for the merci chocolates! :D

No comments: