Monday, December 10, 2007

All hail the superstar! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Today was my grandfather's birthday, so our entire humongous family including all my distant relatives went to Four Seasons for dinner. Well, it's as boring as all other years but something which made this year's more unforgettable was the fact that my grandfather actually requested for me to play my dizi! Yeah, I was already told about it a few weeks ago but I didn't really think much about it lol. And it was only today that I decided which songs I'd play. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing, and Joy To The World! LOL. I didn't even practise them once also. Haha I was eating my buns halfway when the compere asked me up on stage to play! I took quite a long time going up, just kept dilly dallying haha. Yeah and I finally went up to play, and that was my first time ever play those 2 songs! Cool huh! Hahaha. It was really hilarious, playing to 12 tables of people, about 120 pairs of eyes were on me HAHA. And there were a couple of times I really felt like laughing, 'cos everything's like quite amusing, and they didn't know that I've never played those songs before. Haha then after I've finished, the compere asked if I could sight-read my grandfather's favourite hymn, so I did! And everyone was amazed that I could play it the first time I saw it. Haha it was quite fun, faking my "pro-ness" to all of them LOL. Oh they wanted an encore, and I just played the hymn again HAHA. I think there was once when someone was taking a picture of me, and the compere said, "Pose for the camera!" I felt like a superstar for a moment LOOOOOOOL! Oh man, hilarious is the word.


That aside, the dinner was really boring. Just imagine sitting through the adults talking about results and all that. But the cool thing was that my relatives came up to me periodically telling me how impressed they were LOL. Aha, bluff carried out successfully! Hahaha ;)


Hee my aunt was asking me about my plans for university, which I replied that I had none lol. Honestly, my future's about as clueless as it is bright (I KNOW my future's gonna be a bright one HAHA). Haha throughout the dinner I was msg-ing Yuqian and Amanda, 'cos I was just too bored. So special thanks to the both of them for entertaining me HAHA =D


Yay, that marks my evening as a superstar! LOL.

No comments: