Thursday, October 11, 2007

Whoa.......... I'm like, so overwhelmed by emotion I dunno what to say. Got back all my promo results already, and I must say, it got better each time. Haha the first paper we got back was chem, and that was completely one big DISASTER. I got like 21 marks! Upon 100, by the way lol. I was so totally crushed when I saw it and I thought that my future's just GONE like that. But yeah, as I'd mentioned, it got better each time. Bio's an S (I freaking missed 3 marks! But it's really my fault that I didn't finish studying hehe), Math was an E!!!!!!!!!!!! Mr Lim told me beforehand that Mr Teo said that I passed math but I was reluctant to believe it cos it just didn't seem possible at all. But I really did pass! And it pulled up my 35-mark midyears to an E! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! GP was a D, which was the same as mid-years. And it came down to econs, my deciding paper. If I got another U, I would be screwed. Haha! We got to check our econs marks today, and I was so scared! I didn't dare to even peek at my results and I was just so scared that I cried hee. In the end Mei Ching went to check for me and told me that I got 33/80. I was so thankful it was an S that I didn't even realise there was such a glaring calculation error lol. I apparently got 15, 15 and 8 for the case study and essay questions and didn't realise that it should be 38 instead of 33. And when that fact finally sunk in, I realised that I passed econs! Like OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I PASSED econs?!?!?!?! Haha. But due to my wonderful U grade for mid-years, my final mark was 43.5, which will be rounded up to 44, which is 1 mark away from an E! Ah, please give me that 1 mark, I NEED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol!


I must say, this must have been the toughest period ever! Throughout the entire promos I was just so afraid I would be retained! Just imagine my parents' disappointment, the fact that I'll leave S34, affecting CO cos of my results and everything. I remember crying a few nights away just thinking of my parents' feelings. And the few days when we were getttng back our results... kept thinking of how many U's was I gonna get. The feeling was definitely NOT a fun one and I'm gonna say again, it's like 128970291570981724508206594 times worse than O levels! TOTALLY.


Well, now that this nightmare has come to an end......... I have LOADS of people to thank! Thank God for the strength and courage to survive this awful period! During this time, I kept thinking of what Audrey said, about faith and all that, and that 1 Peter bible verse. Haha. Yes, I spent like so much time praying during the course of promos (I think I honestly prayed more than I studied hee). Thank you mummy and daddy for buying supper for me every night and just being my emotional support (I'm sorry to disappoint you with my awful results, but it's really my aim now to JUST get promoted first, I promise I'll work harder next year!) Thank you S34 for being such a fun and wonderful class that everytime I thought of leaving you guys, I'd push myself to concentrate better while studying! Thank you Audrey for reminding me constantly to have faith in the Lord, for the very encouraging bible verses, for the beautiful bookmark (don't you worry, I haven't lost it, it's actually in my bible now), and for praying for me everyday! Thank you Chia Wen for that very touching sms, was quite surprised when I saw it and I cried after reading it hehe. Thank you Sharon for always assuring me that I won't be retained, for going to the toilet to wait for me outside while I was crying (I was so touched when I saw the sms that you were outside that I cried some more, that's why I took quite a long time to go out lol) and for comforting me! Yeah, we're all in this together! :) Thank you Hui Jin for trying to make me study (LOL) and for that sms (which originated from me!) lol. Yeah, I was so touched that I cried too hehe. Thank you Mei Ching for being so concerned about my results, for comforting me just now before I got back my econs, and for always being happy for me! Thank you all S34-ers who were so concerned for my results and for consoling me! Thank you VALERIE for always praying for me and comforting me and for volunteering to come out to help me for my chem R paper! Thank you Mdm Wee for always conselling me, talking to me, telling me that as long as I've done my best, I need not worry, for having faith that I can do it. Thank you Ms Meta for helping me for my chem! I'm sorry to disappoint you by getting a U though... and a big THANK YOU to everyone else who've given me so much encouragement all this while! It helped ALOT.


Yeah, that's my entire thank-you list, if you're reading my blog, thank you for not falling asleep yet! I'm sorry for boring you with such a long entry, but I feel that I MUST MUST MUST blog about this really trying period. It's gonna be a memorable one (not in a nice way, of course lol) and a really touching one. I remember there was one night when I kept crying cos I was soooooooo touched for everything! All the sms-es and all that. Haha.


Now that everything's over, don't brood over it anymore and look forward to a much better year next year! No matter what the result is... as long as you've done your best, you have every cause to celebrate! "Success is not a destination at which one arrives at, but the spirit one undertakes to continue the journey." Haha! Life is beautiful and colourful, don't worry, be happy! Life is GAY! :D

No comments: