Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Nineteen! ;)


Had dinner at Roxy Hotel with my parents and cousin, Yixin, form of a mini celebration. After which headed home for a celebration with my relatives. Been about a decade since I last celebrated with my relatives. My dad all of a sudden suggested it this year, and I thought it's a good idea haha. Nice having a celebration with my family, though my mum hasn't gotten over her love for insulting me in front of my relatives. But it's a happy occassion, so I'll try not to be annoyed. Big thank you to my uncles, aunts and cousins for coming over! :)


With my mum and cousins. There were only 18 candles on the cake. Fine by me, I can be forever 18!


The past few days have been slack. (Oh, what a surprise.) My hatred for Chinese surfaced again. Yeah I've never liked chinese, but I hate it once again. No I mean, I have a secret love for chinese cos I'm secretly pro at it but yes, I outwardly dislike chinese. HAHA. Cos, here's what happened at 7-11 a few nights ago.


This guy approaches me, wanting me to translate something to the cashier.
Guy: Rattles off in mandarin.
Me: Blur and stunned.
Guy: Repeats.
Me: Still blur and still stunned.
Guy: Do you understand chinese? (In mandarin, of course)
Me: Uh, yes.
Guy: Repeats slowly.
Me: Translates to the cashier in dribs and drabs.
Cashier: Hands what the guy wants to him.
Guy: Takes out money, about to pay... "Eh, no, that's not what I want!"
Me: *runs*


Okay I didn't run, just tried to look like it was a momentarory glitch. It was quite embarrassing, not to mention I was feeling a little guilty. Thankfully he realised it and did not buy the wrong thing wahaha. See, that is why I hate chinese!


Thank you for the wishes and present, that's really efficient. Thank yous to my relatives for the ang pows too! Yay, I'm not bankrupt anymore! For now.


Thank God that I'm alive to celebrate my nineteenth. Haha don't mean to sound pessimistic but really, thank God for sustaining me throughout my JC life. I can't believe I didn't get retained, I can't believe I don't have to retake my A levels. Otherwise I won't be happily thanking anyone here, my dad would've confiscated my keyboard and mouse and I'll be a sad lonely soul at my desk pretending to study studying. Heheh. As I look back, it's truly God's grace that enabled me to survive JC, that brought me here today! Thank God!


Whee I love the carebear I got, it's lime green and it's so cute! My thank-you list will be up later, but once again, thank you all! :)

No comments: