Wednesday, March 04, 2009

It was kinda a mad rush when I woke up today as I had to be at VCH in less than an hour but was trying to do some stuff. Which includes listening to the songs to get a feel of them and yes, printing more than 10 pages of scores hehe. Yeah I'm always doing things at the last minute and it's terrible. When I arrived at VCH, the whole world was already there (oops) and I strolled in with an iced milo and... In slippers. I don't see what's so amusing about walking around in slippers, aren't they the obvious solution to hurting feet caused by court shoes. But of course, don't wear them on stage lol.


The rehearsal was bad as expected. For me, that is. Seeing that I was looking at the scores for the first time and some parts were so fast and there were so many notes written all over the place, yeah I kinda skipped the G major part for Dong Hai heheh. Lol it was so funny when we were about to go up for our dizi concerto. We noticed that there wasn't much space for us to stand and we were picturing a scenario whereby the erhu bow knocks into us and we fall off the stage. HAHA. But the space was indeed small and couple of times during the song I had to glance at the floor, make sure I was still a few centimetres away from the edge. I think we'd have falled off had we taken a step forward lol.


Well attempted to make good use of the time after the rehearsal ended to really practise but somehow there were a lot of distractions. Still managed to practise the more important parts though. Haha. There was some sort of comparison going on between this year's Huang He and our year's when we were the leading batch. Honestly, it doesn't matter. There's bound to be differences, with completely different groups of people playing it. What's most important is that you all enjoy what you all played and for that, you guys succeeded! Technique-wise, might not have been the best, but it was a joy seeing the juniors so happy after the song and hearing them say they've done their best.


Was praying silently before we went up for Mu Min, helped calm my nerves. It was scary, halfway through my part I got a little over-excited and forgot to inhale a DEEP BREATH so I sounded quite breathless but thank God, managed to build up and pass it on. Thank God, thank God, thank God! Really enjoyed myself for that item, I thought it was such fun standing so close to a full-house audience! Once in a lifetime experience, and I'm thankful for that. The other items went quite well, much better than the rehearsal. Didn't skip anymore parts lol. Oh, the audience response was wonderful. Like always, shouting for one encore after another. But gone were the days when we just started out own encores so after playing just once, we walked off. Hahaha.


So, there's my last concert with DHSCO, the last time we're gonna have a concert in VCH (subsequent years' will be held at DHS). I'm glad I went back to perform, really enjoyed myself and got to know the juniors better. DHSCO, it's been an honour, do give your very best for the Malaysia trip (I might not be going, but I'll give every bit of moral support) and ultimately, SYF. No sweat, just hold on.


Thanks Huijing for everything, you're truly a responsible SL! :)


My mum all of a sudden asked when will the results be released (sigh, I thought she'd have forgotten that I'd taken my A's), to which I told her this friday. Moan. And of course she went on about retaking. Hehs. Not really worrying about it right now but I foresee I'll just faint on that day and not dare to open my result slip at all. But as Audrey said, God will provide enough for us to get to exactly where He wants us to go.

No comments: