Saturday, January 23, 2010

Thank God for the past week. It's been tiring yet fun, and all in all, it was really awesome!

Meranti Project

So I was extremely unhappy that I had to go back to school on a Saturday AND Sunday from an 8ish to 6ish timing, otherwise they'd send me a warning letter. I thought that it was gonna be a waste of my time and that it'd be the usual corny stuff like team-building activities. It was anything but. I didn't expect myself to take away so much from the two days, to really contribute to the discussions, to share so openly, to learn so much about my GESL mates. I'd really love to talk about several details but I don't wanna spoil the fun for those who haven't gone through it. All in all, it was insightful, personal, emotional, heart-warming. And I just feel that God has a reason, for our class to be allocated a slot just weeks after the Cambodia trip. He's reminding me time and time again not to take what I have for granted, not to complain my life away. Ah, the conveyor belt thingy's just so awwwww.

Zenn's Blackjack

We gave her a little surprise celebration.

Her favourite cheesecake!


The cards we wrote for her, made and drawn by Amantha. Cute huh!


Bunnehs attracting some attention, according to Sarah.

And yeah =)

Other awesome stuff...

This was the first week, other than week 1 of semester 1, that I went for ALL my lessons! Like WHOA!!!!!! I'm just so amazed at myself.

It was the first time I ever RAN for a lesson. And I made it on time. Yeah I was extrinsically motivated into not writing my name down under the "latecomers list" but still, I tried. Yay.

It was the first time I did my Math tutorials! And I paid attention in class! Megan said she could feel my pride overflowing hahahaha.

And other interesting stuff.

AAE102, with the study of advertisements after advertisements, makes me wonder if I'm doing Language or New Media.

Having learnt Phonetics makes me wonder what kinda English I've been speaking for 20 years.

The Finite Mathematics lecturer pronounces "exactly" as "izzackli" and I still can't stop laughing over it.

Amantha couldn't start her car today. After a while, someone told her that her steering wheel could have been locked, so she turned it with all her might and the car started! And off we went for bubba teh after much navigation to and through the Mathematical Science block. Whee!

And I'm super tired.

No comments: