Friday, January 08, 2010

Cambodia Part 6 - Made to Worship (24/12)

I was really blessed by both sermons that day. But at the same time, they were like an open rebuke to how I've been living my life. God reveals things to us not without a reason, He wants us to be involved. But I often find myself struggling with what I know I should do, and not doing it in the end. God can reach us wherever we are, provided our hearts are in tune with Him to hear Him. But I'm often unwilling to move out of my comfort zone to the place where I'll be able to hear Him. God doesn't need a talent, He just wants someone with a willing heart. But I'm so full of excuses. Sometimes, we need to be brave to listen to God's Word. But I'm often afraid of the slightest thing, afraid to step out, afraid to simply trust Him. God wants us to be set apart, only then can we truly worship Him. But I'm often doing things for my own comfort and convenience, intentionally avoiding the little voice, finding excuses not to do what I'm supposed to. Oh, but there're so many buts.

I give up all the pleasures
From this world of sin
You in my life, that is what I long for
Jesus, You have my heart

Take my heart, revive me
Use me I pray
So that I can shine once again
In this world of sin

Set apart, I want to be
Living for You, my Lord, my Saviour
Teach me to live Your life, Your glory
That others may see Your glory in me
That Your Name be magnified today


Really...

On another note, I enjoyed performance time. It was fun watching creativity come into play, coupled with actions and all. I've never liked doing skits, but I liked the moment when we sang Heart of Worship.

When the music fades
All is stripped away
And I simply come
Longing just to bring
Something that's of worth
That will bless Your heart

I'll bring You more than a song
For a song in itself
Is not what you have required
You search much deeper within
Through the way things appear
You're looking into my heart

I'm coming back to the heart of worship
And it's all about You
It's all about you, Jesus
I'm sorry Lord for the things I've made it
When it's all about You
It's all about You, Jesus

Doing an action song

One thing.

No comments: