Sunday, January 31, 2010

January's coming to an end in a bit. Oh yay. But then again...

So there's this tutor who's scary in a really interesting way. Such that when he banged on many a table (yes mine included) to ask what we understood by vacuously true, the weirdest answers came out cos he "scared out minds blank".

"Not true."
"True in a false sense." (That cracked me up totally.)
"True, but not true."
"EMPTY!" (See what I mean?)

The revelation. When something is initially false, whatever happens after that doesn't matter since something that is false will never come true. That equates the entire statement to being true. Take this example, "if Cinderella were to become a ghost, that tree down the road would shed all its leaves." Since Cinderella never existed in the first place, everything that is said to take place after that is taken to be true cos it has no effect whatsoever on our lives. Therefore, this statement is vacuously true. Did I mention that this is Math?

Feasting with awesome company's the deal.

After Palate-ing

This is what we do when we don't wanna go home to face the mountain of tutorials. We sit on the swing-like thing. Which can't really be seen here.

But at the end of it all, there's this voice within, it never fails to remind me. And I'm trying not to fall into the river again.

"Come to Me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."
Matthew 11: 28-29

Guess some of us are tired. But let's find our rest and strength in Him alone. I'm trying, too. Go friends, go me.

Before I forget, photos credit to our very own Poundcake! (Okay, I never did credit, but I remembered this time, and your name's in RAD! Hahahahahaha!)

No comments: