Friday, May 30, 2008

I'm back from Hong Kong! Missed me, didn't you! Wahahahax. Gosh, I can't believe 5 days ZOOM-ED by like that. Yeah it's only 5 days but still, that's too fast! Argh I miss HK!!!!! :( :(


Day One - Welcome to Hong Kong!
Didn't do much, other than watch a musical performance by one of the COs there. The standard was good, of course, just that the songs were quite boring hehe. We had some time after that to do some shopping at this shopping centre near "Snoopy Land" (or what it's called) and I was really overwhelmed by the number of people inside. Not to mention they were walking at such a fast pace, makes it all the more intimidating. Oh, and we had a really hard time looking for the escalators lol. Cos they were all over the place, some escalators went up 2 floors, and it was basically a chore looking for the correct escalator haha. But yeah, it was a nice experience. :)


Day Two - Musical Exchance
Did some sight-seeing in the morning. We went to The Peak, and I think the view there's really beautiful! The buildings all look kinda interesting hahaha. We proceeded to Diocesan Boys' school after that for our "performance". They performed for us before we performed for them. Their intonation's good, dynamics're good, but I thought it was rather robotic. Could be due to the fact that the songs they played didn't have distinct tunes, such that all 3 songs sounded the same lol. But yeah, they're definitely very disciplined. And there's this suona guy who's really good! He seemed to play so effortlessly, as though he were playing a sheng or dizi lol. Yeah, I eagerly went up to present him my school badge haha! I think our "performance" was okay. I'm glad I held the last note for tuo ling, I'm not sure why I was so amused during sai ma but I was just laughing throughout the piece (to myself of course) and I didn't play it exactly well but at least I came in at the important parts (that's what I think lol), Canon in D was far too slow and I almost fell asleep playing it (I think the boys almost did too), and our dizi song was alright (yay!). Yup, I'm just glad it was an exchange haha. At night was fun, we went to a hospital to watch a CO practice! Haha yeah the practice is in the hospital cos the CO's made up of doctors and nurses and surgeons and all those people! Cool huh! I thought it was really, really fun cos they were all so warm and friendly and we felt so welcomed! They even invited us to play their song together with them haha. After which they requested us to perform some of our songs for them haha. I think we should all model ourselves after them. They're definitely busy people, being doctors and all that, yet they still find time for weekly CO practices. And as students we pon our practices like free. So stop ponning! LOL!!!


Day Three - Sight-seeing cum Shopping
We went to see the Big Buddha on Lantau Island, and the ride there was like a roller-coaster ride. The place is on top of a mountain, and the bus driver was turning and zooming everywhere, making me feel so giddy lol. Anyway, it takes 268 steps to climb to the Big Buddha lol. It was very windy up there and I was half scared that I would be blown off wahahax. When Joey saw me he said, "Eh Ruth, you're still here! I thought you got blown away!" >.<


Day Four - Ocean Park
Went to watch a practice by HKCO in the morning. I was quite fascinated by a couple of unfamiliar-looking instruments around haha. It was quite alright, but I wasn't like WOW, impressive! Haha. The highlight of the day's our visit to Ocean Park! It was really fun! And I think that this should be added to my Top 3 Achievements. I actually tried out the Abyss! It's this thing that raises you up a super tall tower-like structure, then drops you down at lightning speed in 10 seconds or so. Before arriving at Ocean Park, I thought that I probably wouldn't go on any rides cos I'm a loser when it comes to scary rides haha. But I can't believe I actually went to try the Abyss! Joey, Xingzhong, Fiona, Weiliang and I went to try it haha. Joey told us to keep our mouths shut so that when our organs fly up, we can swallow them back down. LOL!!!! My goodness. Haha everything was alright initially, cos going up wasn't exactly fast. What's more, Weiliang gave a yell all of a sudden and I couldn't help laughing. But I started to feel really scared when we were at the top. I didn't know when we were gonna drop down, and all I could do was pray. "God, please don't let me die on my way down!" I was praying halfway AND WE WENT DOWN! Omg, I'm very sure it's faster than lightning speed lol. We were lifted off our seats and we could only cling onto the red thing that prevents us from flying off. That was my best friend in that 1 minute or so hahaha. Yeah I was quite scared, so I screamed like anything to make myself better lol. Fiona thought I was dying or something, so she reached out to comfort me. She actually dared to remove a hand from the red thing! Lol. Zilu commented that my legs looked really funny. Cos I was kicking everywhere hahaha. But I felt really exhilarated after the ride. Like wow, I survived such a scary ride! I rock man! Hahahahaha. Another unbelievable thing's that I rode it for a second time! Cos they managed to drag Mdm Wee to ride with us, so all 5 of us decided to ride again. I almost chickened out at the last minute! I really wanted to get off the seat but the guy already pressed the button to start the whole ride. I was actually more scared the second time haha. After us shouting, "GO MDM WEE!!!!!" we were off! I was still scared when we plunged down, but it wasn't as scary actually. Haha. Anyway, the point is that I feel extremely proud of my courage LOL! A few of us went for the Raging River after that. It was fun! Having the water splash onto us haha. Even though the water isn't exactly clean... it was still nice hahaha. We went shopping at Ladies' Market again after that. This time, we bought our shoes! The colour's really bright and I'm so gonna shock my whole class. Not that they aren't already shocked by my current pair of shoes, which aren't exactly that bright are they! Haha. Yeah, managed to buy stuff for S34, my parents and friends too! :D


Lol I need 2 paragraphs for day four, cos I've got loads to say about our night-time card games! The curfew was at 3am, so we had a really long time to play. We went to Mingcong's room, where there were quite alot of people. We played bridge, dai dee and cheat hahaha. Guoxiang's freaking hilarious! His funny ways of talking and all the random languages he uses. Lol. He's just super funny man haha! I think I really spent the whole of last night laughing till I cried and my stomach ached lol! First was Guoxiang and his silly antics, then Amanda's sudden SCREAM when she looked at the TV (that scream was louder than Jiayun, Rebecca and Jasmine's combined), and not to mention that one game of cheat that got me laughing till I almost died lol. The person before me put a card in the 10, J, Q range, and I didn't have a single card in that range. But I saw this covered card on the table, so I took it and it was a Q, and I hurriedly put it. Cos Guoxiang peeped at my cards (as usual) and decided to give me a card LOL! Because of that I couldn't stop laughing for a long time lol! Yes and throughout the game we were exchanging cards like free, putting our cards on the table and taking each other's. And no one noticed LOL!!!! Omg everytime I think of it I'll laugh haha!


Day Five - Goodbye Hong Kong :(
We were supposed to go to the Chinese University of Hong Kong but it was raining heavily and not many people really wanted to go, so we went for a short shopping trip at this shopping centre. Zilu and I wanted to buy CDs but they were quite expensive sigh. Lunch was Korean buffet! It was somewhat like Seoul Garden haha. But we didn't have an equally long time. After that was shopping at the airport, then we had to check-in. :( Ah I was so sad then! Especially when we said goodbye to our tour guide, I nearly cried hee. Yay Fong Sun sat beside me on the plane! This time I didn't sleep cos I wanted to savour the last moments of the trip haha. I watched a bit of Enchanted to laugh at the part where Giselle opened the window to sing LOL. And Fong Sun was telling me about this yangqin guy from Diocesan LOL! After we arrived at the airport, Mingcong made me buy alcohol for him! Cos I'm 18 hahaha. He said he wanted to pretend that I'm his elder sister, so he said in front of the lady, "Jiejie hurry up, mummy's waiting." I was like, "WHAT!!!!!" The lady was quite friendly, so we chatted with her for a while. She was saying that we do not look alike and all that (of course we don't) LOL!!!


Some other highlights of the trip. We had 2 accidents in 2 days! The first one happened on the second day. Our bus was turning around this roundabout when a taxi rammed into it and the headlights of the taxi flew off. The HK police are really efficient man. Within a few seconds, a policeman arrived on his motorcycle and we were all really surprised haha. The second accident happened on the next day. This one was scarier. I was sleeping and listening to Boyband and I was about to reach the squeaky part when the bus all of a sudden gave a HUGE jerk and cards, water bottles and handphones started flying tothe front. I was alarmed, wondering what the hell was happening. Apparently some driver swerved into our lane and our driver tried to avoid him. That's what most people say. But at least we're all safe and sound! :)


Accidents aside, I got to know some people better and that's nice! Like Rebecca and Jasmine are totally crazy people lol. Especially Jasmine, who gives funny laughters at random moments. There was one night when Zilu and I were talking and all of a sudden we heard this giggle from their room. Zilu was like, "What are they doing!" LOL. Another night, we were about to enter our room from someplace. Zilu rings the doorbell. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" We heard this loud scream from inside and we were totally stunned. Like what's going on in our room! Haha turned out that Jasmine, Rebecca and Jiayun were trying clothes in our room and our ringing the doorbell shocked them LOL!!! I think their scream shocked us more lol. Haha and Jasmine's smart man. She very cleverly locked her key into her luggage and she couldn't open it lol. So we were struggling with safety pins for a while. Then she decided to use my nail clipper to clip away the metal part. I thought she was gonna do it will Christmas, until Zilu saved the day! She bent the safety pin, put it into the lock, turned it, and it opened! We decided that we're all gonna be careful of our house locks from now on HAHA. Yeah, and I never knew before the trip that Guoxiang's so funny lol. I'm thinking of the card game again LOL! And yes, Weiliang's super nice! Not that I didn't know that before but yeah, he's just really, really nice haha.


Ahhhh I MISS HONG KONG!!!!!!!!! The usual after-trip hangovers that I have. I miss VJCO! And I think the tour guide really rocks. He's such a nice person, and he's so passionate about his job! He's probably the best tour guide I've encountered in my 3 CO trips. I shall hunt for him on Facebook or something haha. Roar I wish the trip could be as long as DHSCO's, 9 to 10 days. But that's impossible haha. Talking about DHSCO, they're going to HK tomorrow! They're gonna have the same tour guide, go to one of the restaurants we went to for dinner, and stay in the same hotel! But of course, not for all 9 days haha. Just now I was contemplating camping at the airport and join DHSCO for another HK trip tomorrow HAHA. They'll be going for 9 days! And Vivian's going too! I shall ask her to tell Sky that her cousin went to HK too hahahaha.


Vivian's so funny. The moment I signed in, she went, "DAJIE!!!!! I GOT THE BLAZER THAT YOU BORROWED BEFORE! I'm honoured to my soles!" LOL!!!! Talk about coincidence, her getting the blazer I once borrowed. But well, our sizes are almost similar haha. Anyway, have fun, DHSCO! Wish I were still in HK. :(


I'm prepared to be feeling really sad tomorrow when I wake up. The usual depression I feel after I wake up from some big event. You know, the emptiness that you feel after everything is over. And besides, coming back means reality. It means that I should stop playing and sit down to REALLY STUDY. Recalling Mr Ho Wei Kang's words. Take the first week of the holidays to really unwind, and after that, you'll have to study at least 6 to 8 hours a day. There will be no more break for you all the way till after your A levels. It scares me to imagine how short time is. Ahhh. But yeah, I'm back, and I really should get started!


Hopefully Lam Lee, Yuqian and Cristal are free tomorrow! Lam Lee is, but the other 2 haven't replied. If they're free, I can go out instead of moping at home feeling sad that the trip is over haha. It's still the first week, I can still play! Hahahahaha. Ooh. Fong Sun's telling me that she found the vice-president of Diocesan CO on Facebook. LOL!!!


No pictures yet, cos they're all in random people's cameras haha. I didn't bring mine cos it's spoilt, and my phone will lag a thousand years. Look forward to seeing my noble face! :D


BRING ME BACK TO HONG KONG PLEASE!

No comments: