Monday, June 01, 2009

I've taken 2 days off from work as had I gone in this state, I'd have wrecked something in the office or flared up at someone, I'm a tad emotionally unstable these few days. No beyond that, I've got pressing matters to settle. Last night was horrible, was really stressed up and about to completely lose it. But thank you for talking to me until 2 a.m. even when you had to get up at 6 plus. I felt so much more at peace after that. :)


"God is more concerned about your character than your comfort. His goal is to conform you into the likeness of His Son. Yes, He loves you the way you are, but He loves you too much to let you stay that way. You have too many people to impact for His Kingdom that you can’t influence until more of Christ is seen in you."


Lord,
Help me to put my trust in You, and You alone
Help me to not be affected by the world, to not see things the way the world does but the way You do and the way You want me to
Help me to take a step of faith, that I'll eventually end up where You will me to
Help me to be still and know that You are God, to take heart that You are in control
Help me to seek first Your kingdom
Help me, through this, to fulfil Your ultimate purpose.


Dear Child,
God does not say to you today, be strong
He knows how long the road has been
How weary you've become
For He who walked this earthly land alone
Each boggy lowland and each rugged hill, understands
And so He simply says, be still
Be still and know that I am God
The hour is late and you must rest a while
Hold up your cup, dear child, for God to fill
As slow rain fills an empty cup
All He says of us is
"Be still and know that I am God"


Thanks. I'll keep praying, I'll keep trusting.


In dark times, the difference for Christians is not the absence of the shadow, but the presence of the light.


Thank You, Lord.

No comments: