Friday, October 24, 2008

For an A level student, I'm updating rather frequently eh? Lol. Past 2 days were spent studying with Chia Wen and Mingyao at the national library, Mingyao didn't go yesterday. I must say, it's been a rather fun and amusing experience. Not the studying, of course, but the queuing outside the study lounge way before it opens officially. The security guard must be the most awaited for person at that time, the moment he appears, the entire crowd's like squashed centimetres within the door, waiting for it to open. It totally makes the queue at donut factory look dismal. But there isn't really any queue at donut factory these days. HAHA anyway, yeah, the mad dash into the study lounge when the doors are opened is hilarious too. And it's difficult, almost impossible to reserve even a seat for a friend. Look what the Singapore education system's doing to students man, it's totally exemplifying our trademark kiasu-ism lol.


Went to school for a a bio mock exam today (so shouldn't have gone), after which was chem consultation. Haha I took 13 home after that and guess what, I met Jieren on the bus! I was surprised to see him, thought he'd be still stuck at camp. I proceeded to ask him the redundant question of how's NS HAHA. Yeah he was telling me interesting stuff about a few VJ teachers, of which includes dear Mr Ueng, who apparently holds a Masters (unbelievable isn't it) LOL. And during his tutorials last time, all he did was enter the classroom and ask, "Do you have any questions for me? If not, I'll go back to the staff room." LOL!! Thank God for Ms Lee. :) Oh, and he said that there was once Mr Ho was so angry with the whole class for not doing their tutorials that he refused to teach them and the whole class had to go to the staff room to beg him to go out. That really reminded me of Sec 4! Haha...


I had this song on repeat mode yesterday while studying. I think it's a really beautiful, touching song!


Completely - Ana Laura

The secret of life is letting go
The secret of love is letting it show
In all that I do, in all that I say
Right here in this moment


The power of prayer
Is in the humble cry
The power of change
Is in giving my life
And laying down
Down at Your feet
Right here in this moment


Take my heart, take my soul
I surrender everything to Your control
And let all that is within lift up to You and say
I am Yours and Yours alone, completely


This journey of life, is a search for truth
This journey of faith, is following You
Every step of the way, through the joy and the pain
Right here in this moment


Take my heart, take my soul
I surrender everything to Your control
And let all that is within lift up to You and say
I am Yours and Yours alone, completely


Right Here, Right Now
And for the rest of my life
Hear me say. . .


Take my heart, take my soul
I surrender everything to Your control
And let all that is within lift up to You and say
I am Yours and Yours alone, completely
I am Yours and Yours alone, completely


As day after day passes, the ticking of time signalling the start of the A's gets more deafening, my hopes are simply getting lower and lower. Right to the point where I wanna give up, but I know I can't.


It doesn't take any special talent to give up, lie down on the side of the road and say, "I quit." Any unbeliever can do that. But once you get hold of Jesus, or more accurately, He gets hold of you, He begins to pump strength, energy and courage into you and something strange and wonderful begins to happen. He won't let you quit. You may say, "Oh Lord, I don't want to go on anymore." but He won't let you give up, even if you want to. So keep looking to Jesus and follow His example. When you do, you'll keep pressing on no matter what comes your way.


"Take my heart, take my soul, I surrender everything to Your control"... That's what I've got to do now, have faith, that God will provide.


Congrats to Valerie and Audrey who got their 6-month medical attachment! Thank God! :) :)


Press on.

No comments: