Saturday, August 15, 2009

The first week of school's over! Didn't start off very well, I was already feeling rather down the day before school started and I felt worse when school started on the first day. It was better the next two days, probably due to the short time spent in school due to tutorials being cancelled for the first week. Wasn't looking forward to today at all, have been really sore about not being able to make it to church. But really thank God for today, it was actually... Pretty fun!

I've been going on and on about friends from other schools having timetables that are more slack than mine, having at least someone they already know beforehand whereas I don't... But everything really happens for a reason I guess. I'm not someone who'll move out of my comfort zone, I don't ever take the initiative to talk to someone, if given a choice, I'd stay in my own world. But under circumstances like these, I no longer have a choice. Thank God for the talk with a sister couple days back. School will indeed take up a lot of time such that we'll spend less time with our friends, be it in church or outside. We have to really learn to depend on God. Which is so true, as I've realised, I tend to depend a lot on my friends. High time for me to learn!

I'm still praying that our GESL slot can be changed, since all of us want it to. But finding a common two-period slot when the timetables of 22 people are so different... That's tremendous difficulty. Still........ :)

Speaking of GESL, there're people in my class who live in Pasir Ris, Tampines, Simei, who're not staying in the halls! Cool!

And it's really quick, but I've got my first month's pay! Was pretty surprised when I saw such a huge increase in my balance. Yay I'm rich!!!!!! Not. According to my dad, I've got to save up so that I'll at least have some money to pay back in case I break the bond. Hur.

I'm still uncertain about what the 8 years will bring, or how long will I take to fully adapt to schooling once again. But thank God, for He is in control. I just wish people around me wouldn't be taking notes furiously cos I don't. :(

No comments: