Monday, April 13, 2009

Thank God for the past week! The excitement of rather dangerous dashing across roads, prompting a Caucasian to yell in surprise, "YOU ALL JUST RAN ACROSS THE ROAD LIKE THAT?!?!?!?!" hahaha but well I'm still alive, Good Friday, and Easter! :D :D


It was a truly amazing, amazing day yesterday, the CCWO Easter Outreach. Undeniably the most meaningful event I've used my dizi for. It used to be about the volume of approval shouts, number of times we played the encore, Gold with Honours awards. Now it's about the number of hands raised during the altar call, not because the performances were remarkable, but because God used us to touch people.


I can't believe I wore a qipao (pink at that), lol. Thank God for the courage to don it, really. No one else will ever succeed in getting me to wear one. If any orchestra had requested us to wear it, I'd quit. And the court shoes I borrowed had such high heels I couldn't walk properly. To sum it up, I felt like a robot haha. But yeah, there's a first time for everything! Was praying fervently before I went onstage that I wouldn't trip and fall, and Thank God I didn't! Never mind the awkward staggering HAHAHA. Thank God that everything went smoothly, thank God for the people who came, thank God for Teresa and Martha for helping me with the qipao, make-up, hair etc., thank God for every single person's labour, thank God for this privilege to be a part of this (though I did very little, really thank God that I could do something with my dizi). Of course, thank God for the 29 people who trusted the Lord! :)


Not just another holiday, but a time to commemorate what Jesus did on the Cross for us. Pain that exceeds any form of imagination, love that transcends what we can ever comprehend. It is, the Greatest Love.


Thank You, Lord!

No comments: