Monday, February 02, 2009

My huhuhuhu Chinese New Year...


For the past many years, CNY had been one of my dreaded occassions of the year but this year's was pretty enjoyable I must say, minus the ongoing family conflicts and discoveries of human hypocrisy and materialism. Wasn't really looking forward to the reunion dinner initially, cos that simply meant a gathering of 90 odd people at my granddad's place, half of them mere strangers to me. I mean, I just don't see the point of having such a "grand" reunion dinner when all we know of one another is that everyone's either a Mr Toh, Mrs Toh or Ms Toh (and I'm neither HAHA). Yeah, Ruth Zhuo sounds a million times nicer than Ruth Toh, admit it! ;) And what with all that friction and one side refusing to even talk to the other, it just defeats the purpose of a reunion dinner. Still, thank God for the time spent talking with some of my very nice relatives. Advice from Xingyi Jiejie on university courses, encouragement from Josiah's mum regarding the A levels. Unlike the typical bombardment of "How do you think you fared?" "What do you wanna study next time?", she said a simple yet assuring line, "Don't worry, just pray." It was really comforting, something not one of my immediate relatives will say. Heheh.


Visiting seemed to pass really quickly, cos we only visited one house on each of the two days. The highlight of this CNY was of course the time spent with my cousins! Playing poker, bridge, hide and seek, catching, watching Liang Po Po (explains the huhuhuhu) and imitating all the retarded conversations on the show, until Vanessa can't stop saying "ALAMAK!!!!!" HAHAHA.


Argh I've been spending like nobody's business the past few days. Lots of shopping (I did my CNY shopping on the third and fourth days wahaha) and singing! Went to Topone, a KTV at Bugis, with Lam Lee and Yuqian on friday. It's quite a cool place, every room has very unique decorations with effects like disco lighting and smoke and some have mini stages! But our smoke thing wasn't working and the light was rather retarded haha. It was fun though, haven't gone singing in a long long time! I wanted to see if I could still sing properly while jumping so I tried, and Yuqian just had to take retarded videos of me doing that and doing my favourite banshee and opera. Don't worry, the videos will never ever be up. Oh yeah, those singers should totally hire me to do their special effects LOL.


Had DHSCOGY reunion dinner at my house on saturday. The food was nice! And I almost died laughing while playing asshole daidee. Justine was giving soooooo many comments. "Your cards are too good, you're OUT!" "We're gonna ban doubles from the next round onwards." "If you all have anything bigger than an 8, pass!" And and,
Someone puts a 7.
The next person puts a J.
Justine starts yelling: Why do you have to put such a big card!
The poor person: I don't have other cards!
Justine: THEN YOU PASS!
Yeah the whole time was spent going crazy, it was just extremely retarded lol!


Went to my cousins' house for dinner yesterday to lao yu sheng. Played with them for a while before the poor kids had to go do their homework. They asked me to entertain them so being the nice person I am, I agreed and ended up helping Vanessa do her homework. It was some colouring thing, was supposed to colour a cow. With my artistic colour sense and some help from Nicholas in the designing, here's our masterpiece!


Vanessa said it's pretty and Vivian got a total shock when we showed it to her HAHA. I wonder what her teacher's reaction will be. But it's cute, no? SUPERCOW!!!!! :D :D :D

3 more lessons and I'll say bye to tuition and welcome jobless-ness again. But I'd rather be jobless and have no income than........ Heh. I'll attempt to look for another job after I've recovered from all these frustrations.

For once, I'm pleased with the Campus Superstar results.

Thank God for the past week, for a blessed CNY, for my family, for my friends.

No comments: