Thursday, February 12, 2009

I just love sectionals when I'm not required to conduct them, cos then I can do retarded stuff with my juniors like migrating out to the corridor to blast our di zis in an attempt to be louder than.............. Of course, we won. LOL!


I got to explore Tecman for the first time! Went there with Siqian on saturday cos she needed to get some stuff. That place is big, loads of cool stuff, nice place to get presents hoho. Oh, my cousins came over to my place that night with a mic, so we went to karaokeparty.com! Thank God the police didn't appear at my doorstep, cos it was past midnight, four crazy souls at the balcony singing "KEEP BLEEDING, KEEP KEEP BLEEDING LOVE" (I don't like that song, but my cousins love it and karaokeparty doesn't have that great a variety, so I had to make do with that) hahahaha. It was fun, all that mad singing lol.


Went for service at GLCC on sunday, was my first time attending, to find out how it's like. The sermon was really powerful. Encouraging, at the same time a blatant reminder never to lose our focus in the Lord, be it in mirth or sorrow, in triumph or failure. Like myself, I tend to pray more during difficult times, and turn away when everything's going smoothly. This quote especially rings so true.


"God whispers in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, and shouts in our pains."


Joined some of the girls for floorball after service, and all I can say is, wow! There's so much to learn, I learnt a lot from the pros there, and it's really fun! But when it came to the game, I'd forget most of the techniques and just play with this mindset, "just whack when the ball comes" HAHA. Chia Wen, coach me! Haha aye I've got no talent in floorball, but I really enjoyed myself, everyone was so pro, nice and patient, it was awesome! :D


Went down to Temasek Poly yesterday with Lam Lee and Yuqian to support Cristal's fruit tarts. The students from her faculty had to meet some sales target for the food I think. The food was not bad, I must say. And I still find it amusing that the chefs put their spoons in pockets at their arms, it feels that if they raise their arms more than ninety degrees, the spoons will fall out. Hahaha.


Heh, this is what I got up at 12 plus this afternoon (that's way early for me) to do.


"Hi, could I speak to the Chinese Orchestra teacher-in-charge?"
"Wait a moment, I'll transfer your call to the staff room." (Puts me on hold, annoying music starts playing for an eternity until someone finally picks up.)
"Hi, could I speak to the Chinese Orchestra teacher-in-charge?"
"Wait a moment." (Puts me on hold, annoying music plays for yet again an eternity until someone finally picks up.)
"I'm sorry, but Mr/Ms/Mdm Whoever is not around."
"Thank you."


The above, times 30. Yeah, I'm supposed to call up 63 schools to confirm their ticket orders for the DHSCO concert. But it's extremely frustrating when I'm always put on hold only to be told that the teachers aren't around. I called half the number of primary schools, thought it'd be better with the secondary schools but apparently not so I moved on to the JCs after calling half the number of secondary schools. After calling sooooooooo many schools, I only managed to get to 3 teachers, who also didn't manage to confirm the orders and said they'd get back to me but have yet to do so. So all that calling this afternoon comes up to nothing and I've got to start all over again tomorrow. Sigh, it's really exasperating, what's more ticket sales aren't that good now. Argh, please let the teachers be there tomorrow! Or rather, later on zzz.


Met up with Chia Wen in church just now for the second lesson of bible study. Yay I love the book of John, it's relatively easy to comprehend. The thought of Jesus dying for our sins struck me really hard again. The fact that He had a choice not to do so but He did, dying such a painful death for us sinners, us unworthy sinners. This great love, it's just so amazing. "There's nothing you can do to let God love you more; there's nothing you can do to let God love you less." Wow!


I'm suffering from a chronic illness, and it's called joblessness.


Whether trials come or cease
Keep me always on my knees
Lord, I need You

No comments: