Sunday, January 18, 2009

I made a few discoveries during the trip to Sentosa on tuesday with Diane, Yingyu and Cephia. Angelina Jolie has a relative in the Underwater World. If you flash your EZ Link with confidence, you'll get to enjoy a student meal. Egg shells and tissue packets are good hiding places for leftovers if you wish to avoid paying fines for raw food taken but not cooked. Heheh. It was nice catching up with them that day, haven't seen Diane in ages since she left for Australia. And it seems a long time since I saw Yingyu too. But the Underwater World and steamboat buffet left me with a budget deficit of -$9.80 for the rest of the week. :(


So I got my first tuition student this week. Kinda lazy to talk about it, other than the fact that I really wanted to give up after thursday's lesson, call Mr Ho and tell him that "I quit". Really had no clue what to do, how to continue. But after loads of counselling and advice (haha thanks all)... I'll just do what I can. Pray and trust God, for I'm weak but He's strong.


Hoho. Was browsing through the December edition of The Link and and and I saw Xiuyi's picture! It was during the third day of camp when everyone was at ECP giving out tracts, and she and her friend happened to be walking by. COOL HUH! I was extremely surprised to see her photo inside haha. And coincidentally she'd planned to go back to DHS today too, so I could let her take a look at her pretty face HAHA.


Yeah went back to DHS today to help conduct sectionals. Doris, Xiuyi and Clara went back as well. Clara laughed at me when I told her I'm giving tuition, and I laughed at her when she said she signed up for driving lessons. And she said she's gonna fetch me home one day lol! Doris is currently studying Nursing! And she was saying that you shouldn't move your shoulders when you breathe cos it's not good, or something like that hahaha. It's no wonder studies say that Woodwind players tend to die young, what with all that circular breathing. Not to mention being hard of hearing. But I think my hearing's pretty excellent. Hah.


Something funny that took place at the bus-stop.


Huijing and I are at the bus-stop. Huijing's bus comes. While she prepares to leave, she thanks me and apologises non-stop for asking me to come back. The bus leaves. Huijing's still at the bus-stop, not done with her expressions of gratitude and apology. LOL! She's super funny! Thankfully another bus came shortly, or I'd be the one apologising non-stop hahaha.


Argh I was soooo annoyed this afternoon. On the bus journey home, I all of a sudden had this heart ache about paying adult fare and kept reminding myself to tap my card when I alight. Soon after, the bus arrived at my stop. With my wallet tightly clutched in hand, I happily alighted. A few seconds after the bus left, I realised, I FORGOT TO TAP MY CARD!!!!!!! ROAR. Guess it's a sign of reaching adulthood, my brain cells are degenerating. :/


Still - Hillsong United


Hide me now
Under Your wings
Cover me
Within Your mighty hand


When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father You are king over the flood
I will be still and know You are God


Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust


Was listening to this song on repeat mode last night, and it made me tear.

No comments: