Thursday, January 01, 2009



HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! :) :) :)


For the past years, the New Year'd somehow bring with it a dread, it being the last day of the holidays and it meant starting a new year of school the very next day. Last year especially, the New Year was nowhere near happy thanks to the R papers. Now that we have an eight-month or so holiday, there's no dread, but neither is there any excitement. We're leaving the shelters of school for the world out there............ After I decide to get job, that is.


Lam Lee, Cristal, Yuqian and I had our yearly New Year sleepover at my place yesterday. Before that, we went to Giant to buy loads and loads and LOADS of food and drinks. It was really a huge amount, considering that there were only the four of us lol. Anyway, met a number of people there. Jessie, Hannah, Melissa, Joo, Sharon and Huijin were at Giant too. And I met Dai Hongrui at Roxy Square! That super cute and super naughty KHS boy who attended the EZCO camp in 05 and 07! Yeah, I still recall how his attempt to do martial arts broke a chair in the AVT lol.


We headed to our usual countdown place - Changi Airport. Yeah, three-quarters of the Singapore population were probably in town. But that's the point. The airport was rather packed last night though. The queue outside Swensens was really long and we were afraid we'd end up spending the last day of 2008 and the first day of 2009 queuing lol. But thank God we got seats before 12! And yeah, like always, everyone started cheering when the clock struck 12. Happy New Year! :D


Feeling rather energetic now, probably cos I slept the longest. I'd have slept from 8 plus in the morning all the way till evening if not for Yuqian literally dragging me off the bed by my legs! But I went back to sleep after lunch while Yuqian and Lam Lee played Maple. =.=


No fanciful resolutions this year, since I've come to realise that talk is cheap and I've never ever fulfilled them. "I'm gonna study VERY HARD for the A's!" Did that happen? Hoho. My one and only - To live a life not for the world, but for God. It's not what I do, but what He does. :)


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3: 5-6
2009 will be good!

No comments: