Sunday, December 05, 2010

The study break just passed with me studying a mere 3 chapters of Math. Man... But nah, I shan't moan about my motivation problems. What's the point anyway.

So... Much of this week was spent in preparation for the Literacy Camp on Thursday. I'm really, really thankful that it went well! I'm glad that the children enjoyed themselves. Really, all glory goes back to the Lord for this. I remember we were told that there would only be 17 children, and the number of helpers we had almost came up to that number. We were worried that the huge number of helpers would intimidate the children and were about to ask some of them not to go. But somehow, we just thought that it would be nice to have everyone go. Turned out that on the actual day, there was just the right number of helpers to pair each one up with one child. No more, no fewer, but just right. It certainly aided in the personal interaction aspect. Thank God for how it all worked out!

Thank God for this opportunity to serve in an area out of my comfort zone. The moment I was asked to be in-charge of this, I knew I wasn't gonna be able to pull it off on my own. (You know how disorganised, indecisive and last-minute I am.) What's more, I haven't really worked with children before. That really forced me to depend upon the Lord and commit my weaknesses to Him. Throughout the planning process, I was really humbled and blessed by how the team, though much older and much more experienced than I am, willingly supported and helped me all the way. It was like, I would come up with the activities and the next moment, all the materials needed would have been settled. I'm just so thankful for the team! And it really wasn't by what I did or how I led that made the programme successful. Because on that day, other than being the emcee, I was really just walking around. Thank God for the team and every single labourer, thank God for how He made the whole event work out.

I'm really thankful for this dear sister as well. We were walking to the bus-stop from Adam, and she said that she wanted to stop by at church because she felt led to pray for my exams. So we did, and I'm so encouraged by how God works sometimes. Then we were on our way to the bus-stop, in the rain, under the umbrella, and we broke out into a song.

You are forever in my life
You see me through the seasons
Cover me with Your hand
And lead me in Your righteousness

And I look to You
And I wait on You

I'll sing to You, Lord, a hymn of love
For Your faithfulness to me
I'm carried in everlasting arms
You'll never let me go
Through it all

Hallelujah, hallelujah
Hallelujah, hallelujah

I'll sing to You, Lord, a hymn of love
For Your faithfulness to me
I'm carried in everlasting arms
You'll never let me go
Through it all

And as I'm sitting here, I realise how apt this song is. It's been 2 years of an incredible journey. Through it all, I can only say that He's been faithful.

Blessed 2nd... :)

No comments: