Monday, December 13, 2010

Thank God for the sermon today. It seems like I actually went through everything in one day. No kidding. Well, maybe a milder version of it...

I have no idea what came over me today. Sometimes, the stress of the world just closes in on you and you crack. I did. Assignment after assignment, practice after practice, preparation after preparation, event after event, exam after exam, more events after events, all this since mid-November. And with the news that came in on Wednesday, the slapping reminder, the feelings of remorse and helplessness... I guess it really took a toll on me, emotionally.

I was glad to have these opportunities to serve. In fact, I still am. But sometimes, we get so on-the-move, we forget the sole purpose of serving. And sometimes, we just keep doing, doing, doing because it's expected of us, and at the end of the day, what does all that hard work boil down to? What if no one remembers anyway? What if all the time we were labouring, down to the very instant we feel so dry and tired deep inside, and no one knows, no one remembers, no one cares?

God just works in amazing ways. When I answered the call of this dear sister, I couldn't even talk properly, I was in tears, an emotional wreck. An hour and a half later, I put down the phone, all smiles. Because God really used her to speak to me.
"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."
Galatians 6:9
Such a familiar verse, but it indeed hit home this time. Sometimes we feel that our work is in vain because no one recognises it. But we're not doing all this unto man anyway. Forgotten, misunderstood, trivialised... God acknowledges, He remembers. So truly, let's just give our best in what we do, not for any humanly recognition or credit, but for the sole glory of God. Yes, it's a reminder to me. And it's unbelievable how this came at the perfect moment. I thank God for that, and I thank this dear sister of mine.

I'm worried that after the Christmas musical, I will crash and burn. But now's not the time to think of such things. I need to get my focus right. I need to stop letting negative thoughts rule my mind. I need to fix my eyes on Jesus. Hey, after all, I'm doing this for Him.

Thank God, and thank you. :)

No comments: