Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Amidst the exam stress, here's something that got me laughing for half an hour loooool.

So Mavis was asking me about Phonetics over the phone.

Mavis: You know, n's brother right...
Me: What?!?!?! Anne's brother????? (I heard it as "Anne's brother" which is perfectly justified cos that makes more sense and I was wondering which Anne and who's her brother.)
Mavis: You know, that syllable that looks like the /n/ but it has a hook.

She was referring to this -> /ŋ/, which she calls /n/'s brother.

LOL!!!!! I totally couldn't stop laughing and I keep laughing whenever I think of it. Today's been fun in a sense I guess. Going for a porridge buffet halfway through studying, laughing at Charlotte for dozing off every 5 seconds when we were studying LOL (donchu find that absolutely amusing and amazing...) and the fact that she bought dresses from the kids' section. Heheheh! :D

Geez. I can't believe I'm so relaxed two days before the start of exams.

Oh, it's now one day.

Which also means 7 days to the end. Let's go let's go, add oil and PRESS ON!!!!!!

Do it for Him.

No comments: