Tuesday, September 22, 2009

God works in remarkable ways, even in the most unexpected conversation with the most unexpected person. I was amazed for much of last night. Well, God will definitely open the doors if it's His will.

Haven't been getting much sleep the entire week. But I thank God that I wasn't asleep when I had lessons to learn. He's been showing me the importance of being patient, loving and humble, to depend on Him and not on myself. So many times, I'd been on the verge of shoving a whole cabbage down someone's throat (not in the literal aspect of course) but that was definitely not the way to do it, as I'd been reminded over and over again. (Come on, people need a little tenderness to digest the big thing.) It's also made me realise, how I'm constantly allowing my thoughts and feelings to hinder His greater plans. It's always about how I feel, how people think about me, how convenient it is for me. Me, me, me.

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."


Isaiah 55: 9

Indeed, I've got to stop searching for my reflection in the mirror, and be willing to let His strength be manifested in my weakness. I've got to let go of my emotions and hold on to His promises.

-

A meet-up to celebrate Lam Lee's nineteenth! I've realised, we don't meet up as often now, we've each got our own commitments and to a greater extent, we've changed individually. But one thing remains the same. We still say and do the darndest things. *Insert the Pokemon theme song*

-

School can be fun, non-mathematically. Laughing at interesting lecturers, amusing tutors, hilarious stories of NS, little spastic moments at the Engineering Block food court and classrooms, MSN-ing during talks when we're two seats apart, intensive correction of grammar and pronunciation... Hahaha.

I was 35 minutes late for my first lesson today. To top that, my GC died on me during my Math quiz and I didn't even know beforehand. So I had to resort to the better alternative to plot my graphs - my imagination. And I fell while running up my staircase just now, so my toe hurts now. Yeah, retarded.

No comments: