Monday, September 14, 2009

“Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the Lord. He will be like a bush in the wastelands; he will not see prosperity when it comes. He will dwell in the parched places of the desert, in a salt land where no one lives. But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”

Jeremiah 17: 5 - 8

I'm a person who resists changes. Given a choice, I would want things to remain the same, I would want to stay in the same environment, I would want to remain in the same social circle. Forever. But it's a fact, the word "forever" may exist, but nothing is forever. Nothing in this world is forever. Good health can fail, stable jobs can be lost, excellent results will be forgotten, greatest friends may no longer talk to one another.

I know that I cannot depend on the world. In reality though, it isn't as easy to live it as to say it. I still find myself unwilling to let go of the past, unwilling to step out of my comfort zone, unwilling to accept change. We can talk about what things were like months back, we can reminisce all we want, but truth is, situations have way deviated from what they were like. As much as I want this to be like it was before, I know that it will never be the same again. As much as I wish people wouldn't change so much, they will change. And so will I.

When people are the basis of our confidence, we will be disappointed, time and time again. It is only when God is the ultimate source of our confidence will our lives be deeply rooted in well-watered soil; we will never be let down.

That's why I'm placed here. The need to focus and depend on God is intensified. I'm still learning.

I need Your guidance.

No comments: