Monday, March 14, 2011

Thank You For the 21st


My 21st came and went.

But I couldn't have been more thankful for any other birthday.

I didn't intend to throw a party - neither was I expecting much.

The first surprise came on Friday morning, from Sarah, Charlotte, Amantha, Calvin, Joanne and Silk. Half of them weren't even supposed to be in school. So thank you, especially to Amantha, who travelled all the way down from Tampines.

The second was from the Easter musical drama team. All of them pretended not to know about my birthday. But when I entered the basement office, I was greeted with a birthday song and 21 cupcakes arranged in the shape of a key, courtesy of Alanie. Thank you for the key to freedom, haha. And it's evident why the drama team is called the drama team. ;)

The third was from the Youth leaders after our meeting. Some of them called it pathetic, but I thought it was incredibly funny. As I said, I wasn't expecting anything, so any inkling of a surprise is still a surprise. Thank you for the ice cream!

So, that was it, I thought. But the real surprise came the day after, whereby all of my family members came down to celebrate with me, together with my friends. I never saw that coming, well, maybe until I was blindfolded. Thank you to those who put in so much effort planning, coordinating, settling the logistics, and designing. Thank you, everyone, who was a part of this unforgettable surprise. Most importantly, thank God how everything worked out so beautifully.

Of course, thank you all for the wishes as well.

My heart truly overflows with thanksgiving. Words can't describe exactly how I feel, so with every ounce of sincerity in me... Thank you, all.

Thank You, God. :)

No comments: