Saturday, August 04, 2007

did CIP with co ppl today! went to meet them at parkway mac for breakfast, then took a rather long walk to the marine parade town council. we were supposed to split into groups and collect old newspapers from a few blocks of flats. tingkai, zongxing and i were a group and we rocked man. we collected soooooooo many newspapers (filled the whole bin!) and even got drinks on the way. such nice residents. it had to be my noble aura. oh. and we chanced upon huang yiliang's house! he said he was moving house and had no newspapers to give us. but he gave us 3 cans of drinks. whee! haha we were rather inefficient at first. they wanted me to do all the asking coz they felt that the residents would probably be kinder to a girl. lol. so i started off with "hi, we're from victoria junior college and we're here to collect old newspapers for the salvation army. do you have old newspapers to spare? thank you, thank you, have a nice day, thank you" and this 'speech' was on repeat mode for the rest of the day. lol. hee but it was really fun! that momentary sense of satisfaction when someone says "hold on" and returns with a HUGE stack of newspapers. haha! yep, enjoyed myself quite alot but it was rather tiring. haha. and zilu's description of a strange guy was rather scary. hee. oh i realise that most of the elderly there spoke english! which was cool, coz for a moment i couldn't recall what 'junior college' in chinese was. ended up telling someone that i'm from 'wei duo li ya zhong xue'. hehe.


we were at burger king having lunch just now and guess what. I SAW MRS GRACE ONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my favourite-est teacher EVER who turned my utmost hatred for chemistry into interest in the subject. the teacher who never gave up on me and made me wanna put in every ounce of my effort in chem. and i think that's kinda a reason i actually dun hate chem despite being condemned frequently by some creature. yup talked to mrs ong for a while. she remembers that i'm in co! hahaha. when she asked me how i was coping with chem, i almost blurted out my paramount dislike for some creature but i realised it wasn't very relevant. lol. she gave me useful advice and i'll take it veeeeeeery seriously. oh man................... i still rmb there was once she rmb-ed my name but forgot valerie's! LOL. typical teachers would forget MY name and rmb killer's. HAHAHA. yeah i was telling her that vj ppl are all really smart. then she said, "but you're from vj too!" i told her that i went it through my cca and she was like, "dun worry, it doesn't matter. you'll be able to catch up as long as you work hard." ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh =( mrs ong's always so encouraging. still rmb all the "improving! good job! keep up the good work! you can do it!'s" she wrote on many of my papers. and i think of all my days of suffering with that creature now. it makes me feel kinda sad. well...


think this is a rather confusing post. feeling a little 'emo' now after talking so much about mrs ong. hee. her kindness, encouragement and dedication to teaching... that's sth i will never forget.

No comments: