Sunday, September 19, 2010

When my way seems dark and drear and the future I don’t know
My heart feels so empty as the tears unending flow
When my heart breaks with sorrow and a tempest fills my soul
This one thing I know for sure, my God is in control

His way is perfect, His way is perfect
Though I don’t understand His wise and loving plan
His way is perfect, His way is perfect
Take my life and make a vessel purified
God makes no mistakes, His way is best

When the toils of life are come and my heart is worn with care
I faint ‘neath the burden of a cross I cannot bear
When the joy has departed from my sorrow stricken soul
This one thing I know for sure, my God is in control

This hymn describes exactly how I'm feeling now. I feel miserable on the inside. It's been such a struggle. I've been putting up a front. But I don't really wanna break that front. Because what I truly need now is not a listening ear, not soothing words, not sympathy. I need to pray. I need to be fully surrendered. I need to hold on to God's promises. I need to trust Him. I need to turn my eyes upward. I need You.

It's easy to have all that passion and be thankful when everything's going smoothly. What if it's the converse? Am I going to let circumstances affect my walk with God? Am I gonna start on a pathway to destruction? They ask, what comes out of a Christian when the Christian is put in hot water? What's going to come out of me?

If this is what it takes to bring me closer to Him, let it be. He has said that His grace is sufficient. Lord, give me the strength to hold on to this promise. I can only go through all of this with You. And I want to go through this with You.

God is good. He's always there when no one is. He knows every single thing I'm going through. He understands exactly how I'm feeling. He does anything but fail. Indeed, my way seems dark and drear and the future I don't know. But God is in control, He has His reasons, and His way is perfect.

Pray with me, please?

Lord, I need You. I really do.

No comments: