Monday, May 24, 2010

I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Ephesians 4: 1 - 3

Recently, I've found myself annoyed and impatient with people and things around me. Maybe today especially. There were so many thoughts running through my head, as though I'd been engulfed by a sudden surge of unhappiness from the past and present.

"Why are these people demanding so much of my energy?"

"Why are these people only able to think for themselves?"

"Why are these people bothering me like there's no tomorrow?"

"Why can't these people be a little more understanding?"

It's so easy to say, "These people are so annoying", but not so to be the one thinking less of me, myself and I and the so-called "hurt" that these people have inflicted on ME, and more of, well, these people. I guess, that these verses came timely. Why let such little things strain my relationships? After all, God doesn't love us for what we do but for who He is. Shouldn't we show forth His goodness, His grace, His love...

They always say, that we can't control our circumstances, but we can control our response to them. We can't control others' attitudes and behaviour, but we can control our attitude and behaviour. Grant me the love, humility, patience, understanding. Through reading the Word, through prayer. These I haven't been consistent with the past few weeks. The next few weeks, they'll go one way or the other.

You either start now, or you say later and you never start.

Lord, I really need You.

No comments: