Wednesday, November 09, 2011

St. John's Island, 5 - 7 Nov

Thank God for the wonderful getaway to St. John's Island from Saturday to Monday! The last time I set foot on the island was 2 years ago and this time I went back, I'm reminded once again of why I love the place. The scenic seaview, serene surroundings away from civilisation... I wish the trip had been longer, but over the short span of three days, I had a marvellous time. I will let the pictures, which were all taken by Catherine, do the talking.

The red, blue and green

.
Playing Kart Rider Rush with Isaac and Ira. Love the boys!

Group shot over steamboat, minus Charmaine (who was behind the camera) and Alicia (who left earlier that afternoon).

With the guys, whom we didn't hang out much with 'cos they were always out fishing. Nonetheless, they were great fun, especially Darren, whose every line uttered is of great entertainment value lol!

Aunty Alice! Was simply lovely talking to her about many things!

The girls, who were amazing company throughout.

Charmaine being a bully as usual. I was trying to pose glamorously for the camera while in that position, but... I guess the picture says it all.

Lamb to the slaughter... The evil monkeys dragged me all the way to the sea where Kong decided to walk off, but Charmaine really dunked me in! Single-handedly. But with me clinging onto her, she partially got in too, so I'm happier. :D

So, presenting to you the wet pair.

Once again, I boarded the ferry dripping wet. (The same thing happened two years ago.) But this time, I wasn't alone. Haha! That aside, I'm just so thankful for the getaway. Thank God for Kong organising, planning for and contributing so much to this trip, for Charmaine helping out with all that and her labour of love in the preparations during the trip, and for everyone's awesome company one way or another! I enjoyed myself tremendously playing with Isaac and Ira (catching, iPhone games, card games, etc.), talking with Uncle Ivan and Aunty Alice, watching the guys (Kong, Darren, Daniel and Hansen) fish, and hanging out with the girls (Siqian, Catherine, Alicia and Charmaine)! Not to mention, we had our very own worship, sharing and prayer session on Sunday in a comfortable, cosy group. And I thank God we missed our ferry back on the last day and had to wait 2 hours for the next one, which gave us time to chill on the island and capture many beautiful memories with the cameras. (That gave me time to be thrown into the sea too...)

It was simply a refreshing time spent with the people there, catching up, talking, playing and such. I had a nice Sunday afternoon in the kitchen (somewhere you'll hardly catch me in) too, helping and learning from Charmaine how to prepare the various dishes for steamboat (and annoying her from time to time with the little things I did lol). So once again, thank God for the three days, thank God for each and every one who went!

No comments: