Thursday, August 05, 2010

It doesn't matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.
Confucius

I don't study Confucianism. This quote hangs above the escalator to the NS line at Dhoby Ghaut. I see it every Wednesday night after Street E, and I'm encouraged by it each time. It's been a step by step progression for me all this while. I never saw myself doing this a couple months back, nor did I imagine that I'd even be willing to do it. But thank God for His provision, and for the encouragement of so many around me. I was amazed just now, and it could only have been His empowerment. Of course, I still have so much to learn. Greater things will come, if I'm only willing to try, and trust.

Thank God for Street E tonight. I was really encouraged. So were the rest, I believe. It just goes to show that He is always faithful. When things got discouraging along the way, when all we met with were closed doors... Thank God for leading us to the one who was ready to hear His Word. It was a wonderful moment. Thank God for working in her heart, thank God for her humility, thank God for her simple yet sincere prayer for forgiveness. Pray that she'll come by this Sunday, and that she'll experience the true joy of knowing the Lord.

I don't know what's going to happen after the trip. But it shouldn't be the end. More challenges lie ahead. Which I can only overcome in His strength.

Meanwhile, it's time to get cracking.

No comments: